Mixing and Dosing System Summary
- 100% fully controlled step by step operating sequence with automatic transfer from mixing tank into holding tank and distribution to the production line on demand.
- Water jacketed heated tanks and integrated tipping station.
- Use of latest high specification control valves, sensors and level detection.
- Self-contained environmentally friendly water temperature control system.
- Colour HMI operator screen with graphics clearly mimicking the system and control sequence.
- Individual safety circuits for in-process access and overall protection.
- Quick-release connections and modular framework allow removal for offline cleaning.
- Full installation of dedicated site services and supplies with a recirculation system to minimise waste.
Slurry Mixing and Dosing System
A worldwide food producer approached Sapcote Engineering to design and manufacture a key piece of processing and mixing equipment allowing a dedicated production line to run additional variants.
Our long-standing customer was confident that Sapcote Engineering had all the capabilities to produce the equipment to very specific requirements having produced a number of bespoke machines and systems over many years across numerous sites.
Although existing equipment was in place on another production line, operators were keen for the new unit to include features to improve access and simplify the sequence to become more efficient and user friendly.
Sapcote Engineering Technical, Design and Project Engineers met with all involved parties developing and agreeing to a detailed specification, which was then converted into a 3D model drawing for approval prior to going forward into manufacture.
The equipment installation had to be carefully planned to compromise with our customer’s changing production plans. 3D scanning exercise was carried out due to the complexity of the high-level pipework.
A totally new system of services was installed leading up to the delivery of the new unit alongside existing supplies. A new floor bund was installed in an exact location to contain the new unit satisfying all customer requirements after a successful period of commissioning.